- Retina HD display
- 4.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen LCD Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- True Tone display
- Wide colour display (P3)
- 3D Touch
- 625 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
Size and Weight4
- Height: 138.4 mm (5.45 inches)
- Width: 67.3 mm (2.65 inches)
- Depth: 7.3 mm (0.29 inch)
- Weight: 148 grams (5.22 ounces)
Splash-, Water- and Dust-Resistant5
- A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture
- Neural engine
- Embedded M11 motion coprocessor
- 12 MP camera
- ƒ/1.8 aperture
- Optical image stabilization
- Digital zoom up to 5x
- Wide colour capture for photos and Live Photos
- Quad-LED True Tone flash with Slow Sync
- 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps
- 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
- Optical image stabilization for video
- Digital zoom up to 3x
- Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps or 240 fps
- Time-lapse video with stabilization
- FaceTime HD camera
- 7 MP photos
- ƒ/2.2 aperture
- Retina Flash
- Wide colour capture for photos and Live Photos
- 1080p HD video recording
Cellular and wireless
- CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (some models)
- LTE Advanced7
- 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS
- NFC with reader mode
- Wi‑Fi calling7
- Touch ID
- Second-generation fingerprint sensor built into the Home button
- Pay with your iPhone using Touch ID in stores, within apps and on the web
- Receive and redeem rewards using rewards cards
- FaceTime video
- Initiate video calls over Wi-Fi or cellular to any FaceTime-enabled device
- FaceTime audio
- Initiate audio calls over Wi-Fi or cellular to any FaceTime audio-enabled device
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE)7
- Wi-Fi calling7
- Audio formats supported: AAC-LC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2, Protected AAC, MP3, Linear PCM, Apple Lossless, FLAC, Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), and Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+)
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- Video formats supported: HEVC, H.264, MPEG-4 Part 2 and Motion JPEG
- Supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 content
- AirPlay Mirroring, photos and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later)9
- Video mirroring and video out support: up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)9
- Use your voice to send messages, set reminders and more
- Get intelligent suggestions in Messages, Mail, QuickType and more
- Activate with only your voice using “Hey Siri”
- Listen and identify songs
Power and battery11
- Lasts about the same as iPhone 7
- Built-in rechargeable lithium‑ion battery
- Wireless charging (works with Qi chargers12)
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Talk time (wireless) Up to 14 hours
- Internet use Up to 12 hours
- Video playback (wireless) Up to 13 hours
- Audio playback (wireless) Up to 40 hours
- Fast-charge capable: up to 50% charge in 30 minutes13
- EarPods with Lightning Connector
- Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Not compatible with existing micro-SIM cards
(*) Display size is measured diagonally.
(#) iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are splash-, water- and dust-resistant, and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions.Liquid damage not covered under warranty.
(^) FaceTime calling requires a FaceTime-enabled device for the caller and recipient and a Wi-Fi connection. Availability over a cellular network depends on carrier policies; data charges may apply.
- Available space is less and varies due to many factors. A standard configuration uses approximately 8GB to 11GB of space (including iOS and preinstalled apps) depending on the model and settings. Preinstalled apps use about 4GB, and you can delete these apps and restore them.
- The high-gloss finish of the jet black iPhone 7 is achieved through a precision nine-step anodization and polishing process. Its surface is equally as hard as other anodized Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone.
- The iPhone X display has rounded corners. When measured as a rectangle, the screen is 5.85 inches diagonally. Actual viewable area is less.
- Size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X are splash-, water- and dust- resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.
- Portrait Lighting available in beta.
- Data plan required. LTE Advanced, LTE, VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling are available in select markets and through select carriers. Speeds are based on theoretical throughput and vary based on site conditions and carrier. For details on LTE support, contact your carrier and see www.apple.com/iphone/LTE.
- Data charges may apply.
- Standard Dynamic Range video content only.
- Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Internet access required. Cellular data charges may apply.
- All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by Apple service provider. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/ca/batteries and www.apple.com/ca/iphone/battery.html for more information.
- Compatible wireless charging mats sold separately.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2017 using preproduction iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X units, and software and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapters (29W Model A1540, 61W Model A1718, 87W Model A1719). Fast-charge testing conducted with drained iPhone units. Charge time varies with environmental factors; actual results will vary.